Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dakota Fanning in New Moon?

There's been speculation about it for a while, and now it's confirmed: Dakota Fanning will play Jane in New Moon.


I like this casting. I'll admit that I'm not the most attached to Twilight (don't tell, but I still haven't seen the first movie!) but Dakota Fanning is an undeniably talented young actress, so I'm never sad to hear that she's in a movie I'll probably end up seeing.

Really, the thing that struck me the most about this announcement was just how grown up Dakota is looking. She's just barely fifteen, but she looks so grown up and composed. I have a feeling that I was not nearly so mature at fifteen. Of course, I wasn't an international movie star, so that might explain the difference.

On the heels of the Twilight casting announcement came news that she's also taken a part (opposite Twilight's Kirsten Stewart) in The Runaways, the new biopic about the 70's girl-band of the same name. I can see Fanning as a chilling vampire, but I'm having trouble picturing her as Cheri Currie, the hard-partying lead singer of the band.



What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. OMG that photo is hideous! The one with the boots, it's just really ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, Cupcake, let the lady have her dump in peace!

    ReplyDelete