Saturday, March 28, 2009

Love Formula?


In John Green's An Abundance of Katharines, former child prodigy Colin Singleton tries to make a mathematical formula to predict the success of romantic relationships in a last ditch effort to reclaim the "gifted" title that was shoved upon him as a child. I'm not telling whether Colin was successful or not, for that you'll have to read the book, but it looks like some researchers have come up with a real life love formula, and evidently it's 94% accurate.

I don't know though, would you want to know whether or not your relationship would succeed without ever giving it a shot? I think I'd prefer to take my chances groping (heh) blindly in the dark.

2 comments:

  1. This kind of reminds me of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind...definitely looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete